Monday, February 28, 2011




I really enjoy preparing salads that will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.  This Santa Fe Salad is perfect for exactly that, it will stay fresh for 2-3 days.  I love to top chili with this recipe or scrambled eggs, tacos or it is yummy as a side.   I find that 1 tsp. of cumin is not enough flavour so I add about 1/2 tsp. more for a little kick.   Enjoy!


Santa Fe Salad

Cilantro Lime Dressing 
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of 2 limes
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp. cumin 
salt and pepper


Salad
19 oz can black beans, rinsed, drained
1 red bell pepper, diced
12 oz can kernel corn, drained ( I use frozen, thawed, rinsed)
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded,minced


In a medium bow whisk together oil and lime juice.  Add cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper and mix well.  Stir in salad ingredients and seasonings.  Serve at room temp.  Serves 6.


recipe source:  The Best Of Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment